Top 20 Athletes in London Olympic 2012
The 2012 Olympics began in London, United Kingdom and there are more than 10,000 athletes from 204 nations participated in this 2012 Summer Olympics Games where total events is 302 in 26 sports. This is biggest sporting event in the World. Here are some list of top athletes who performed at 2012 London Olympics.
1. Michael Phelps
Michael Phelps is a swimmer from United States who specialist in freestyle and butterfly swimming. He is one of most succesful athlete in London Olympic 2012 who won 6 (4 gold and 2 silver) medals and 22 medals all time.
2. Missy Franklin
Melissa Franklin is a swimmer from United States, known as "Missy the Missile". She have won 5 medals including 4 gold inverious events like 4x100 meter medley relay, 200 meter backstroke, 4x200 meter freestyle, 100 meter backstroke final and 1 bronze in 4x100 meter freestyle relay final. She set the world record 200 meter backstroke and 4x100 meter medley relay. Missy was most succesful women athlete in London Olympic 2012.
3. Usain Bolt
Usain Bolt is a Jamaican sprinter who known as the "Lightning" and he is fastest person ever. Bolt achieved 3 gold medals in London Olympic 2012 and created world record in Men's 4x100m relay .
4. Oscar Pistorius
Oscar Pistorius is a South African runner who known as the "Blade Runner" and "the fastest man on no legs". He is most inspired and dedicated athlete who participate in London Olympic 2012.
5. Allyson FelixAllyson Felix is a sprinter from United States who won 3 gold medals and set the world record in 100 meter relay and proves herself as a best women sprinter in the World.
6. Ranomi KromowidjojoRanomi Kromowidjojo is a swimmer from Netherlands who specialist in freestyle swimmer. She won 3 (2 gold and 1 silver) medals in London Olympic 2012 and holds the world record in 50 meter and 100 meter freestyle relay.
7. Rebecca SoniRebecca Soni is an US swimmer who specialist in breaststroke and achieved 3 (2 gold and 1 silver) medals in London Olympic 2012. She set the world record in 200 meter and 4x100 meter medley relay.
8. Aliya MustafinaAliya Mustafina is an artistic gymnast from Russian Federation who won 4 (1 gold in uneven bars, 1 silver in team all-around, 2 bronze in individual all around and floor exercise final ) medals in London Olympic 2012.
9. Andy MurrayAndy Murray is tennis player from Great Britain who won a gold medal to beat Roger Federer and also achieve one silver medal in mixed double at London Olympic 2012. Andy Murray ranked number 1 in british and number 4 tennis player in the world.
10. Ye ShiwenYe Shiwen is a Chinese swimmer who won 2 gold medals at 2012 London Olympic. Shiwen set the world record in 400 meter individual medley and Olympic record in 200 meter individual medley event.